Grievance Redressal committee
Anti Ragging Committee
Prevention of Cast Based Discrimination
- SPECIAL CELL
The special cell of NSUT is set up in the year 2022 and is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of color, caste, gender, religion, belief, or culture. We promise to ensure the protection of all, while respecting diversity of all kinds, and act in words and spirit in accordance with the obligations of the Constitution of India on such issues. To maintain this atmosphere, Special Cell is responsible for raising awareness of equality in the diversity within the campus community.
To provide a conducive environment in the university that integrates the deprived sections with the mainstream.
To build a people-centric, environmentally sustainable society that continuously responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice, and the human rights of all. The objective is to create an environment that is free from discrimination and to support and encourage the students belonging to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, OBC, persons with disabilities etc. pursuing various programs of studies at the University.
The main objectives of the cell are :-
1. To explore and design suitable programs/schemes including remedial classes, to improve the performance of the students admitted under reservation i.e. SC, ST, OBC, women and persons with disabilities in undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD courses and/ or to monitor the execution of these programs/ schemes.
2. To disseminate the information regarding different scholarship schemes offered by Govt. with a view to help the students from SC, ST, ST, OBC, women and persons with disabilities.
3. To provide counseling and guidance to the students belonging to deprived sections especially in academic, financial and social matters.
4. To promote and develop healthy social relationship of these students with other students, teachers and staff by raising the awareness of equality in diverse society.
5. To conduct seminars/ workshops/ training programs etc. for empowering the students belonging to the marginalized sections, educationally and culturally.
Specific activities proposed to be conducted by Special Cell at NSUT include:
1. Organizing lecture sessions to raise awareness regarding the Special Cell of NSUT.
2. Organizing lectures, Seminars, workshops to discuss the issues along with the remedial actions, related to the deprived sections.
3. Conducting Remedial Classes, to improve the academic performance of students from marginalized sections.
4. Providing help or assistance in registration related issues and choosing the suitable Elective Courses.
5. Counseling the deprived section students to raise their self confidence, self-respect and inculcate values.
6. Publicity of Special Cell through website, notice board, posters etc.
Members of the SC/ST/OBC committee
Prof. Asha Rani, ICED
Prof. Rajeev Kumar, CSE
Prof. Anjana Sarkar, Chemistry
Dr. Devender Kumar, IT
Mr. Narender Kumar, MPAE
Special cell Structure
Prof. Asha Rani
In-charge/ Head of Cell
Prof. Rajeev Kumar, CSE
Students in need of any assistance/support may contact any of the above faculty members or on the below mentioned e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org