Dr. Neeraj Goel received his B. Tech. Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, India in 2011, and M.Tech. Degree from IIT(ISM), Dhanbad, India, in 2015. He holds a Doctoral Degree in Nanoelectronics from IIT Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India, during 2015–2020. He worked as an Institute Postdoctoral Fellow at IIT Delhi from October 2020 to June 2021. Presently, he works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication at Netaji Subhas University of Technology (formerly NSIT), New Delhi. His current area of research is 2D materials, photodetectors, gas-sensors, and mixed dimensional heterojunctions.
He has published 15 papers in reputed International Journals and several national and international conferences. In 2018, his article was selected for the Emerging Leaders Award 2018 by Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. He is also a reviewer of few International Journals.
Nanoelectronics, Fabrication of electronic devices, Gas sensors, Photodetectors, 2D materials, Heterojunctions
1. Neeraj Goel, Rahul Kumar, Mirabbos Hojamberdiev, and Mahesh Kumar. "Enhanced carrier density in a MoS?/Si heterojunction-based photodetector by inverse Auger process." IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 99 (2018): 1-6.
2. Neeraj Goel, Rahul Kumar, Monu Mishra, Govind Gupta, and Mahesh Kumar. "Determination of band alignment at two-dimensional MoS2/Si van der Waals heterojunction." Journal of Applied Physics 123, no. 22 (2018): 225301.
3. Neeraj Goel, Rahul Kumar, Basanta Roul, Mahesh Kumar, and S. B. Krupanidhi. "Wafer-scale synthesis of a uniform film of few-layer MoS2 on GaN for 2D heterojunction ultraviolet photodetector." Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 51, no. 37 (2018): 374003.
4. Neeraj Goel, Rahul Kumar, Shubhendra Kumar Jain, Saravanan Rajamani, Basanta Roul, Govind Gupta, Mahesh Kumar, and S. B. Krupanidhi. "A high-performance hydrogen sensor based on a reverse-biased MoS2/GaN heterojunction." Nanotechnology 30, no. 31 (2019): 314001.
5. Neeraj Goel, Jayanta Bera, Rahul Kumar, Satyajit Sahu, and Mahesh Kumar. "MoS2-PVP nanocomposites decorated ZnO microsheets for efficient hydrogen detection." IEEE Sensors Journal 21, no. 7 (2021): 8878-8885.
6. Neeraj Goel, and Mahesh Kumar. "Recent advances in ultrathin 2D hexagonal boron nitride based gas sensors." Journal of Materials Chemistry C 9, (2021): 1537-1549.
7. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, and Mahesh Kumar. "UV-activated MoS2 based fast and reversible NO2 sensor at room temperature." ACS sensors 2, no. 11 (2017): 1744-1752.
8. Mirabbos Hojamberdiev, Neeraj Goel, Rahul Kumar, Zukhra C. Kadirova, and Mahesh Kumar. "Efficient NO2 sensing performance of a low-cost nanostructured sensor derived from molybdenite concentrate." Green Chemistry 22, no. 20 (2020): 6981-6991.
9. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, Monu Mishra, Govind Gupta, Mattia Fanetti, Matjaz Valant, and Mahesh Kumar. "Growth of MoS2–MoO3 hybrid microflowers via controlled vapor transport process for efficient gas sensing at room temperature." Advanced Materials Interfaces 5, no. 10 (2018): 1800071.
10. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, and Mahesh Kumar. "High performance NO2 sensor using MoS2 nanowires network." Applied Physics Letters 112, no. 5 (2018): 053502.
11. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, Ramesh Raliya, Pratim Biswas, and Mahesh Kumar. "High-performance photodetector based on hybrid of MoS2 and reduced graphene oxide." Nanotechnology 29, no. 40 (2018): 404001.
12. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, Abhay Vivek Agrawal, Ramesh Raliya, Saravanan Rajamani, Govind Gupta, Pratim Biswas, Mukesh Kumar, Mahesh Kumar. "Boosting sensing performance of vacancy-containing vertically aligned MoS2 using rGO particles." IEEE Sensors Journal 19, no. 22 (2019): 10214-10220.
13. Kanika Arora, Neeraj Goel, Mahesh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar. "Ultrahigh performance of self-powered β-Ga2O3 thin film solar-blind photodetector grown on cost-effective Si substrate using high-temperature seed layer." Acs Photonics 5, no. 6 (2018): 2391-2401.
14. Adarsh Nigam, Neeraj Goel, Thirumaleshwara N. Bhat, Md Tawabur Rahman, Surani Bin Dolmanan, Qiquan Qiao, Sudhiranjan Tripathy, and Mahesh Kumar. "Real time detection of Hg2+ ions using MoS2 functionalized AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistor for water quality monitoring." Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 309 (2020): 127832.
15. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, Mirabbos Hojamberdiev, and Mahesh Kumar. "Transition metal dichalcogenides-based flexible gas sensors." Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 303 (2020): 111875.
16. Rahul Kumar, Neeraj Goel, Ramesh Raliya, Govind Gupta, Pratim Biswas, and Mahesh Kumar. “Plasmonic Au nanoparticles sensitized MoS2 for bifunctional NO2 and light sensing.” IEEE Sensors 21, no. 4 (2020): 4190 - 4197.